Duties & Responsibilities
- Foster collaboration of IT and the engineering community, to deliver and implement state of the art digital automation/industry 4.0 technology solutions that support the business objectives to improve productivity and enhance processes
- Provide direction in the usage of state-of-the-art IT technologies and methodologies
- Support the ongoing maintenance, optimization, 3rd-level support and basic technology consulting
- Manage small to medium sized projects, or play a key role within a large project team
- Serve as an expert to design, build, and implement technical platforms and applications
- Consult business regarding the integration of Shop Floor Systems into the IT Infrastructure environment
- Support Engineering in negotiations with, vendors of production equipment, regarding IT requirements
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Solid experience in state of the art digital automation/industry 4.0 technology solutions and standards
- Very good communication and negotiation skills
- Solid understanding of pharma/biopharma/chemical industry in terms of Legal, Compliance, GxP, Computer Validation and Regulatory Requirements is preferred
- Technologies knowledge including SCADA and PLC systems, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Operating Systems (Linux, Windows), Databases (Oracle, MS SQL), and basic knowledge of network technologies, Citrix and VMWare environment and ITIL processes
- Enhanced Knowledge of Open Platform Communication (OPC) and other communication standards
- Solid experience leading and coordinating projects and developing strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Willingness to travel
- Position specific training opportunities
- Pension scheme
- Additional off-days (bridge days)
- Comprehensive health promotion
- Staff restaurant
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 50,000 gross per year/full-time).
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this Position is Doris Staribacher.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested.