As Principal System Engineer within IT Operations Asset Management, you will be part of a global and international team and focus on our aim to deliver innovative technologies to all businesses at Boehringer Ingelheim. The team is responsible to manage all activities of engineering, maintenance and calibration processes alongside complete asset lifecycle and deliver "State-of-the-Art" IT-Systems and Products to meet evolving business demands for all Business Units at Boehringer Ingelheim. Besides that, we are taking care managing the company cars and related services. We offer an open-minded culture allowing people to grow, innovate, and develop. Are you interested? Then join our Team in Vienna as soon as possible!
Tasks & responsibilities
- As Senior System Engineer for Engineering, you define, develop, implement, enhance and maintain engineering application (Computer Aided Engineering, e.g. Siemens COMOS) functions
- In regular meetings, you active and effectively work with Key Users and IT people to prioritize and plan release work packages to ensure proper effort estimation and required resources for implementation of changes
- You manage small to medium sized projects or play a key role within a large project team
- You are responsible managing with other IT functions the complete system lifecycle (design, build, run & archiving) of global IT systems and applications in a regulated environment
- Furthermore, you are accountable for the IT end user support and collaborate with external partners (e.g. AMS, EOC, etc.) making sure that all incidents are properly addressed
- You follow-up closely on new technologies and industry trends to support IT and Business with innovative solutions and has the ability to adapt to rapid changes in the technological or process landscape and understand its impact on the business
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent discipline
- Strong engineering related business-process understanding, Pharma industry knowledge is a plus
- Professional experience, 3 years plus, working with engineering applications (e.g. Siemens COMOS, BlueCielo Meridian, Hexagon, PTC, etc.) specifically configuration/customization and development
- Experience with CAx authoring tools (e.g. AutoCAD, REVIT, SolidWorks, AVEVA Diagrams, EPLAN) is beneficial
- Excellent problem solving, results oriented, innovation, good communication, teamwork and collaboration skills
- Solid experience leading and coordinating work for small to medium projects and developing strong relationships with key stakeholders across multiple business /IT processes
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 50,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Want to learn more? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.at
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt.
We are looking forward to receiving your application via our application portal so that we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.