Are you interested in planning and to build as well as in enhancing the security, stability and technology of the IT/OT networks at Boehringer Ingelheim?
Be a part of our new initiative to merge the OT and IT networks closer together and define the best way to operate them in a mixed environment where we provide global services in a combination with local onsite support.
In the area of Network & Security services, your job is to be a Principal System Engineer of the whole lifecycle (plan, build and run) of all of Boehringer Ingelheim’s IT/OT network services. This is happening by investigating and implementing our Global Services (industrial LAN, IT Security Assurances, Network Access Control, IoT platform) in a tailored way to support the local business need.
Are you interested? Join our team in Vienna as soon as possible!
Tasks & responsibilities
- In your new role you support the development, alignment and convey an inspiring vision of the target architecture in your domain of Operations Technology for our Biopharmaceutical sites, connecting business architecture, application architecture and information architecture
- Together with our IT/OT Architect you as Systemlead plan, research and design a robust and secure architecture for IT/OT networks and the Industrial Ethernet
- Thanks to you, the IT landscape for your domain is up to date and communicated properly within the company
- You also support the alignment of projects with agreed strategic IT roadmaps and target architectures
- Moreover, you lead, define and manage initiatives and innovation projects
- You are a recognized expert around IT- and OT-network topics and communicate easily the benefit of your technology vision to tech as well as non-tech teams, individuals and managers, by using agile working methods and toolsets
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or comparable qualification
- Good knowledge of Network Technologies like LAN, WLAN, NAC and Security Architecture on-premise and in the cloud
- Good understanding of IT- and OT-Architecture and Technologies preferable in the area of Manufacturing and Manufacturing Operations Systems (ISA88, ISA95). Knowledge about SCADA, DCS and PLC systems and the used underlying Infrastructure are beneficial
- Proven experience in developing and managing relationships in global, cross-functional and virtual teams and leading projects in this area
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in English and German
- Willingness to travel internationally from time to time (up to 20%)
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 50,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.