Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. We are currently building an exploration platform, that allows clinical drug development teams to search, compare and integrate disparate multi-omics data sources. This will enable Boehringer Ingelheim to optimize the design of future clinical studies.
We are currently growing our cross functional product team here in Vienna. The mission is to successfully scale up within the next couple of months.
As a Backend Developer you will build the backbone of full scale applications, including the design, development, testing and delivery. You will work collaboratively and iteratively deliver fully functioning, web-based and mobile applications. As a Backend Developer, you will closely work together with the Data Scientist and Frontend Engineer, but also with the UX Designer on your team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and development of the business logic and backend services for full-scale applications
- Development of high-quality code based on defined user stories, including unit/integration tests and code documentation of suitable quality for the product increments in rapid iterations
- Support, maintenance and optimization of our development and production system environments including the continuous delivery pipeline
- Applying agile methodologies, the Backend Developer is an integral part of the product development team and works closely with the product owner to deliver a fully functioning and scalable application
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or comparable experience, as well as first-hand experience of the intense collaboration in an agile software development team
- 3-5 years of professional experience, ideally additional background/experience in natural sciences
- Knowhow in modern backend frameworks, APIs, database technologies and query languages. Full-Stack experience preferred (Node.js, React, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, graph databases)
- Taking adequate measures to ensure code quality
- Experience in continuous development and deployment tools as well as container platforms and management systems
- Self-directed, able to contribute and see ahead of the current development timeline
- English working proficiency and communications skills (verbal and written)
Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
Company pension scheme, because your future matters
Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 50,000 gross per year/full-time).
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this Position is Doris Staribacher.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested.